Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pressure

A friend @ work is getting married in August. This will be her 2nd marriage. The first didn't go well at all. It ended up in an ugly divorce. She mentioned to me that in her first marriage, she didn't have any wedding reception and now that she's met the love of her life, she's spending shit load of benjamins on her wedding. I can understand her anxiety preparing for her big day. She asked me about a month back to be her wedding photographer. As excited and honored as I was, I'm starting to feel the pressure. What if I mess it up? What if the pictures don't turn out well? What if I forget to take shots of her important people? What if she doesn't like my work? She offered to pay me. I refused in the beginning. F***!!! I'm not a professional photographer. She's nothing but a guinea pig to me. Heck, a good testimonial could be coming from her if everything turns out well. I don't have confidence of my ability if I can deliver the job as expected. But come to think of it, I'd love to get any kind of money towards my fund of getting a better DSLR; something I've been dying to have of late.

I'm just honored that she has that kind of trust of me. I gave her the link to my flickr's photostream just to show her my work. I was laughing inside of me at the thought of using flickr as my portfolio LOL! Oh what the hell. That's all I've got. I'm hoping that this will turn out well so that I can put some of her pictures in a nice lookin' folder for my future reference. On the hand, who am I kidding? I'm not that great. I'm still learning and I've far too many techniques to learn.

Another lady @ work is also getting married in September. I'm hoping if Missy's wedding turns out alright, Tiff might consider hiring me to take shots of her wedding. But from what I understand, she's not having a big reception.

I'm beginning to enjoy photography. I've learned a lot from flickr. I have some kind of ideas on how to photograph Missy's wedding. I know this might sound a little out there, but this would be really nice to have as a part time job. Having a side income doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I can save up and return home. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I've about a month to start preparing for Missy's wedding. I hope I will go there prepared. I've invited Leena to be my back up because I know that Leena has a good eye in Photography.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger TwoHands said...

Hey there Leen,

just enjoy yourself taking the photos. photos always turns out nice when you're enjoying the process =)

capture the "feel" of the moment. and also, sometimes shots of little details means a lot. like maybe the back/profile/silhouette of the bride/groom gathering their thoughts, or rehearsing their vows in a quiet, private moment. or the details in her bouquet, or her hand in his...etc, etc, etc, stuff like that.

as for the "important" people, maybe you can get a family member to point out who they are earlier in the day.

happy preparing, and remember...ENJOY YOURSELF!

3:27 AM  
Blogger LLopez said...

Thank you so much, Corey. That wasn't the only thing I was worried about, I'm also worried about the limited capabilities of my little camera :=(

I really appreciate the pointers!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home