Friday, April 06, 2007

Deserted


Abandoned
Originally uploaded by wildcats' fan.
This was taken from the train ride we went on last Saturday in New Haven, KY. The weather was gorgeous. Perfect day to be out and about.

For some reason, this image of an old abandoned house struck a thought in my head. How can something that was once beautiful left being unappreciated now? I bet this beauty was once housed a family...makes me wonder; "was it a perfect and loving family?". It's true, the exterior might be damaged but the foundation is still standing.

That truly reflects a human being's attribute. Human change physically over time but what's vital is the characteristics that make a person who he/she is. Time does change a person physically, that's what ageing is all about but what stays are the personality, manners, behavior and attitude. It's inevitable and almost human nature for people to be judged from the first impression but one can only hope that that impression stays temporary. If we all take the time to get to know one another and see what's important instead of being quick to judge and let the temporary impressions stay permanent. If we all can accept the fact that we're all different and appreciate the difference; we'll be a'ight. And if we all can quit expecting from one another and stop using other people for our advantages, this world wouldn't be a bad place after all.

Sometimes it makes me wonder, when I leave this world what impression or what kind of memories had I left to those whom I care dearly? Or even to people who know me....or think they do? Not that it matters but I can't help but wonder how I was seen by others. I wouldn't dwell on what others think of me cause it makes no great shakes but I do ponder on that thought sometimes. Gone are the days where I'd go the extra mile to make sure that I was well liked and that I have pleased somebody....those days are over. As I age and as I have met all kinds of people, as I experience the good and the bad in life, I've learned through the hard way that you CANNOT please everybody. I've also learned that it's you that needs to be pleased first and then worry about everybody else.

As time goes by, I noticed that the number of people you call "Friends" are getting lesser and lesser. It's disheartening but I've made peace with that hard truth. True friends last a lifetime....and it's Quality over Quantity. I know that some people just don't get me. It's cool. I don't expect them to. Only some people "get" me....and when they do, they really know me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home